ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Recovery log is pinning since upgrade to 5.5.5.0 code

2011-06-17 12:10:42
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Recovery log is pinning since upgrade to 5.5.5.0 code
From: Fast <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 08:36:31 -0700
TSM Log Pinning problem (> 85% "Pct Util) is definitely related to TSM Clients
with slow Network data transfer rates.  Look for ANR0483W near the ANR2997W and
ANR2998W and you may find the TSM Client causing the log is pinning.  I agree
TSM 5.5, database and log all play roles in this issue.  100BaseT Duplex
mismatch between ethernet adapter and switch caused slow network data transrfer
rate.  I have been rebuilding log files and database files using mirrors every
three - six months until I switch TSM Clients over to a new TSM 6.2 Server.
I have opened several PMR's on database, log utilization and clients.   I
recommend investigating Ethernet adapter and switch on TSM Clients with slow