ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM client security question

2011-06-15 10:35:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM client security question
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:30:24 -0400
-----Hans Christian Riksheim wrote: -----

>If I have two customers connected to the same TSM-server, customer A
>can retrieve the data of customer B if he gets hold of a TSM admin
>password.
>
>Besides client side encryption, any method to prevent that?

I have done cross-system restores using a TSM administrator account
with system privilege, and the TSM client documentation indicates
that I could have done the same thing if my account had policy privilege
but not system privilege. The phrasing of your question seems to imply
that a non-privileged administrator account could be used to retrieve
data from other systems. How would this be done?