ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Deleting data older than a certain range

2011-06-06 22:11:12
Subject: [ADSM-L] Deleting data older than a certain range
From: "Leonard, Matthew" <Matthew.Leonard AT ATLASAIR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 02:05:16 +0000
Is it possible to delete 15 days’ worth of data from 4 nodes?  Our four
exchange servers were set to the domain “standard” which has a 45 day retention
time.  Our policy changed so I created a new Domain  called “Exchange” which
has a 30 day retention time.  I did not migrate the data to the new domain.  I
know we can just let the retention time expire (expire inventory) however we
are extremely low on space and would like to Delete the 15 days’ worth of data
for our 4 exchange nodes which is about 52.5 TB now.  I looked if there are any
commands such as deleting filespace however I don't see anyway how to do this
by "Older Than". Thanks in advance.

Environment:
TSM: Ver. 6.1.4.5
O/S: Windows Server 2008 SP2
Storage: Falconstor Virtual Tape Library Appliance w/ Heritage Storage Backend

Thank You,
Matthew J. Leonard