ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM server hang on 6.2.2.2/AIX

2011-06-01 02:08:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM server hang on 6.2.2.2/AIX
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 08:05:27 +0200
On 31 mei 2011, at 23:05, Prather, Wanda wrote:

> Thanks.
> I'm getting it narrowed down -
> doesn't fail if I use dsmadmc -itemcommit.

which is not surprising, when you think of it. A del vol does a lot of changes
in the database, and if you don't itemcommit this means that all del vols are
one huge transaction to the db that will very quickly fill up the db recovery
log as well as possibly other tsm and db2 resources. I seem to recall doing a
macro with del vols on TSM v5 and also completely trashing the tsm server
because of the sheer size of that one single transaction.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind Regards,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl