ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Very variable select times on table DRMSRPF

2011-05-31 12:57:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] Very variable select times on table DRMSRPF
From: Steven Langdale <steven.langdale AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 16:53:11 +0000
Hello all

I'm evaluating a monitoring product atm, and one of the things it does is
a "select * from DRMSRPF"

On all but our 2 main Lib Managers we get the output in 30ish seconds, but
on the Library managers it varies from 45seconds to 30 mins to at least an
hour (I cancelled it after the hour)

It does seem to be related to when ther is alot of tape mount activity, the
instances in question have approx 166 drives on them (100 being VTL - the
rest LTO3's in 3584's) When busy we've got about 70-80 active loaded drives.

Does anyone fancy running it on their busy lib manager instances and giving
me some feedback on the performance? I would say that even when i've had to
kill it, there have been no ill effects.

For info, the Lib Managers are on 5.5.2.1 on AIX

Thanks in advance!

Steven