ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Smoothing active backup sessions

2011-05-27 11:29:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Smoothing active backup sessions
From: "Prather, Wanda" <wPrather AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 15:24:33 +0000
>>Since this technique depends on Randomization working as well with long
>>Schedule Durations as with shorter, does anyone have experience with
>>Durations of four hours or more? Did it go alright?

Do it all the time.  Whenever I set up a new customer, I tell them to make the
Duration window as big as they can tolerate (usually 8-12 hours), throw all the
clients in.  Then see what clients cause a problem, and make special schedules
for the clients that need to be forced to more particular start/run times.