ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Basic Fastback DR questions .. How is it used? Scenarios?

2011-05-12 09:54:51
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Basic Fastback DR questions .. How is it used? Scenarios?
From: John Stephens <john.stephens AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 13:50:59 +0000
David:

Are you using the DR configuration thru FTP or to a TSM server storage pool?

to help you with your general question,

Now.....what can I do with this?

I'd like some real world uses for this solution.

I'm not seeing any way to transfer the data from the DR repository back to the
existing repository. ' you would not do this'

Isn't that the point? ' Not really, the point is to provide you a location to
restore your data from in the event the primary FB server is destroyed

This is snapshot technology,  mostly short term protection, not losing your
data in the event of a disaster is the goal, and then bringing up a new FB
server to start backing up again, would be a general road map. You would have
the data generations on your DR server and once your FB server had performed up
to that amount, all would be 'synched up' again.

If my Corporate repository crashes I have a copy at a remote site.

What are some scenarios of recovery? Rebuild  the FB server and begin backing
up again, if you have saved the policy and configuration files you will not
have to recreate anything just setup a repository.

You do not really have a need to run the FB manager on the DR hub server, it is
a storage location that FB mounter receives data from in place of the primary
FB server.

John Stephens | CSE |STORServer, Inc

T 719.266.8777 ext 7201| M 813.817.2526

John.Stephens AT STORServer DOT com

www.STORServer.com

STORServer solves your data backup challenges.

Once and for all