ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Management class assigned to Domino backups

2011-05-11 15:37:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Management class assigned to Domino backups
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 15:34:17 -0400
I was hoping to not have to query the BACKUPS table. Even using a key column
it runs slow at best.

I could always try connecting at the Domino nodename with the client an
-VIRTUALNODE=, then doing a QUERY BACKUP. That works with Oracle RMAN and
SQLServer nodes. Haven't tried it on a Domino node, yet. Always a first
time...

You remember the last TSMUG meeting I was discussing a client that was
implementing the Cybernetics VTL dedupe unit? Well, they're still trying to
implement it! No Schmidt. It still doesn't work worth a darn with TSM. They
are actually trying to write new firmware code to try and get around some of
the limitations they've found using TSM.

Wish I could make it next week to the TSMUG meeting. Sounds like some
interesting topics. We have a coworker out and he's got some big shoes to be
filled. Had a major heart attack last weekend. Only a couple years older
than me! Yikes!!!

Bill