ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tape issues with 3584 library

2011-05-05 12:54:17
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tape issues with 3584 library
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 12:33:36 -0400
We've had 3 distinct ways of this being  resolved.

1)  Just as described by Wanda.

2)  We put the tape into the CAP door and the library automatically put
the tape back in the correct slot where the tape had been - the slot with
the correct element address.  The first time this occurred we were amazed
and thought this was a really cool feature, but we've never been able to
figure out when/why it does this because sometimes it doesn't.   When it
doesn't, we try 2 below.

3)  We put the tape into the CAP door and the library puts the tape in an
unassigned slot.  I am  then able (throught the lib gui) to move the tape
to the correct element address (derived from a q libvol).  But, sometimes
this doesn't work for some reason.

When 2 or 3 didn't work then 1 is the answer.

Rick