ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Restoration of a windows shared directory

2011-05-04 09:24:51
Subject: [ADSM-L] Restoration of a windows shared directory
From: "Lee, Gary D." <GLEE AT BSU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 09:15:44 -0400
Tsm client 6.2.1, windows 2003, using tsm server 5.5.4 suse sles9 under vm 5.3.

I have a user who restored a directory on a server which had been shared out
across the network.
When the directory was restored, that sharing definition was not there.
I don't know how windows accomplishses this, so could not answer his questions.

Does tsm restore whindows shares?  In his case, he had to reshare the restored
folder.

I hope I am making myself clear.

Looked in the client manual, but didn't see it if it was there.

Gary Lee
Senior System Programmer
Ball State University
phone: 765-285-1310