ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] tape reservation types in AIX

2011-05-03 18:43:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] tape reservation types in AIX
From: Steve Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 18:38:14 -0400
Mehdi

If I've followed your posts correctly, you are trying to run a 5.3
library manager and a 6.2 library client, and now you've added lan-free
into the mix.

The "not supported" status for the down-level library manager is not
there because things in general are likely to break it is because the
developers have too many combinations to test to make sure it all works
correctly in every respect.

Given that you have gone ahead with the down-level library manager,
then you may see these sorts of corner cases cropping up, and if you do
you are on your own.

The restrictions are there for a reason and it is wise to stick to
them.  I think you need to move the library management function to 6.2
as soon as you can.

Regards

Steve.

Steven Harris
TSM Admin
Canberra, Australia.

On Tue, 3 May 2011 15:32:35 +0100, Steven Langdale