ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Stopping access to a filepool

2011-04-28 13:39:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Stopping access to a filepool
From: dale jolliff <dale.jolliff AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:33:07 -0500
"filesys disable" would probably serve you better than nfs disable.
I'd be careful with that if you leave TSM up and running -- you just
yanked your FILE device class and NFS mounted filesystem out from
under a running server.
You may have a bit if clean up to do later for any volume TSM tried to
access. Or worse case, depending on where and how you mounted the NFS
filesystem...

If I can't shut down my TSM server, I'd prefer the approach described
earlier with updating the "nextstgpool" parameter.

All of these statements are my personal preference and have no basis
in fact or reality :)