ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Ang: TSM V6 Instance ID

2011-04-19 15:50:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] Ang: TSM V6 Instance ID
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 20:46:26 +0200
As for directories, I usually try to collect all my directories under a
specific path (DB, log, mirror log, archlog dir, failover dir, stgpool dir and
config dir) such as itsm. When I only have one instance I use something such as:

/itsm/home for instance home directory
/itsm/db/dbXX for database directories
/itsm/log
/itsm/logmir

and so on. All of the directories are still filesystems of their own, placed on
arrays/spindles of their own, but it keeps it simple.

As for using multiple directories I still try to collect them under a single
path and then just add the instance owner:

/itsm/tsmsrv1
/itsm/tsmsrv2

Biggest reason for doing this is to keep it simple. I dont want to mix up a DB2
instance home dir with other home directories under /home, and I want a clear
structure for my TSM configuration.

Best Regards

Daniel

Daniel Sparrman