ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Recovery log is pinning since upgrade to 5.5.5.0 code

2011-04-18 11:11:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Recovery log is pinning since upgrade to 5.5.5.0 code
From: "Loon, EJ van - SPLXO" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 17:06:23 +0200
Oh my god!!!!!!!!!
I really thought I was the only one fighting the logpinning issue! My
database is filled up to 80% or more at least 20 times a day and all the
triggered incrementals have made me running out of scratches multiple
times. This very weekend our standby was called again because the
recovery log was full on one of our servers. A del volh todate=today-1
type=dbb gave me back 80 tapes, while we only keep 3 days of db backup!
About half a year ago I spoke with Zoltan on this very same issue, he
already had a case open with IBM and they kept on telling him this was a
load related issue. This was keeping me from opening a case too, but
after reading this thread, the first thing I'm going to do is upgrade
the servers from 5.5.4.0 to 5.5.5.2. If the logpinning is still there
(and I think it will be) I will open a case too. I urge everybody else
to do the same, because there really is something broken here. Please
post your case numer to the list, so we can all refer to each others
case.
Paul mentioned APAR IC65781, but this APAR mentions an issue when the
recovery log hits the 80% full condition. Before we upgraded our 5.3
servers to 5.5.4.0, we never even hit the 80%, not even once a day!
That's why I think 5.5.5 will probably keep me from filling up
completely, but it will not solve the excessive log usage and
incremental backup triggering.
Kind regards,
Eric van Loon