ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Experiences with Teradata

2011-04-13 11:37:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Experiences with Teradata
From: "Laughlin, Lisa" <Lisa.Laughlin AT OA.MO DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 10:26:24 -0500
Rick--

I wanted to explore it, so as to leverage our Enterprise TSM investment.
However, it is pricey and if you don't have your disks on SAN, you won't get
the through-put.  We currently use a little SpectraLogic library with two
Ultrium drives.  And, FWIW, the Teradata technical folks weren't very keen on
TSM.  They basically said-- we will only support the ARCMain component, TSM
doesn't seem to work as well as NetVault....

See if they will let you do a POC before you buy!

Lisa Laughlin
Missouri Office of Administration
State Data Center
lisa.laughlin AT oa.mo DOT gov
573.751.1206
This electronic transmission may contain information that is confidential,
privileged, and prohibited from disclosure and unauthorized use pursuant to
applicable law.  If you are the intended recipient of this transmission, be
advised that its use is restricted by law and for the purpose stated herein.
If you are not the intended recipient of this transmission, take notice that
any viewing, use, dissemination, or copying of the information transmitted
herewith is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in
error, please return it to the sender and delete all copies from your system.