ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Parallel restores question

2011-03-25 19:09:33
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Parallel restores question
From: andresms5 <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 13:26:40 -0700
I'm looking into methods for HSM for my company.

One of the requirements I have is that restores must use the maximum speed we
can achieve.

I have looked at several TSM pages, but couldn't find something that explicitly
explains how parallel restores (the NQR option) are going to be performed.

My specific question is: Do all copies have to go over the server or can they
go over different paths?

For example:
2 files (F1,F2) are to be restored to two different primary systems (P1,P2)
from 2 different secondary storage systems (S1,S2). Does TSM support a physical
connection like the one shown bellow in a) or does it have to be a connection
such as the one shown in b)
a)

b)
                    ----- Server ------