ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM v6.2.2 and Automated Reorgs

2011-03-21 16:44:08
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM v6.2.2 and Automated Reorgs
From: "Pagnotta, Pam (CONTR)" <Pam.Pagnotta AT HQ.DOE DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 16:42:44 -0400
Hello,

Would someone please tell me if they are seeing ANR0293I and ANR0294I messages
in their version 6.2.2 activity log? These messages have to do with the start
and finish of automated reorganizations. I have told Level 2 support about 10
times, now, that I have never seen these messages in our logs, but I have not
been able to get an answer as to why. We keep 120 days of activity log, so I
have to believe that if these messages were actually being propagated, I would
have seen them at least once in the past year.

Do you know how to verify that automated reorganizations are running? I cannot
find any indication that they are running successfully, failing or not running
at all, and so far, the Level 2 Support people who have tried to help me also
do not know how to determine this. It seems the answer is that since TSM is
controlling the reorganizations, DB2 will not be reporting on them.

We have a fairly large TSM database, 544GB with 466GB in use. I am fairly
certain that with so little freespace, automatic, online reorganization of the
larger tablespaces will not happen, but I have no way of verifying if TSM is
even trying.

I appreciate any feedback.

Pam

Pam Pagnotta