ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Scripts Doubling up

2011-03-15 09:52:01
Subject: [ADSM-L] Scripts Doubling up
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 08:51:07 -0500
Ladies and Gents, got another weird issue.  TSM 6.2.2.1

Running the following script works when I preview it in the ISC:

select process_num from processes where process='Backup Storage Pool'
and status LIKE '%Pool AIXDSKPOOL%'

if (rc_ok) goto reschedule

backup stg aixpripool aixcppool maxproc=2 wait=no

update sched daily_aix_proc type=admin cmd='RUN DAILY03_AIX_MIGSTG'
starttime=now+00:30 active=yes

exit

reschedule:

update schedule daily_aix_proc type=admin starttime=now+00:05 active=yes

exit

However, when it runs on its own apparently the select and if statement
are no longer working.  I have found the backup process running on the
primary tape pool at the same time the diskpool backup is running.  I
haven't had time to redo all the scripts, but this should still function
from all the tests I ran.

My question is, what is wrong with the above script that it wouldn't
work, at least for now, as written?

Oh, here's the part of the previous script that kicks off the disk pool
backup:

backup stg aixdskpool aixcppool maxproc=2 wait=no

update sched daily_aix_proc type=admin cmd='RUN DAILY02_AIX_BAKPRI'
starttime=now+00:30 active=yes

This process has worked very well, as we have 5 storage pools, that vary
in length for each of the processes that run against them, (backup disk,
backup primary tape, reclaim offsite, reclaim onsite, etc).

See Ya'

Howard Coles Jr.

John 3:16!