ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] "reseting" 6.2 server : what are the steps to get the DB virgin again ?

2011-02-24 05:47:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] "reseting" 6.2 server : what are the steps to get the DB virgin again ?
From: PAC Brion Arnaud <Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 11:45:25 +0100
Remco & Yudi,

Thanks for your help : I finally succeeded in reinstalling the server instance
and redefining necessary administrators !

Unfortunately a second bug ruined all my efforts (unable to redefine tape
drives once their ID has been changed in AIX), and I have now decided to remove
all of the V 6.2 stuff to revert to good old V5 version, bug free and having a
decent GUI (the old one).

This is now my third negative experience with V6, and it just confirmed my
previous feelings : I definitively dislike V6 and am now seriously thinking of
migrating to some other backup product ...

Cheers.

Arnaud

Corporate IT Systems & Datacenter Responsible
Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland,
CIT Department Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
Phone: +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com