ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Copypool storage question

2011-02-10 17:28:51
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Copypool storage question
From: Paul_Dudley <pdudley AT ANL.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:20:31 +1100
We use LTO4 tapes for the primary tape storage pools and LTO3 tapes for the
copy pool.
I was trying to see if there was a way to free up more LTO3 tapes for scratch
tapes.
Looks like we will just have to buy more LTO3 tapes.

Thanks & Regards
Paul

> Short answer no. Its all or nothing with copy pools. You can keep just
> the last version of each file with an active pool, but you should have a
> copy pool as well just in case your primary pool goes bad.  You could
> send the active pool offsite and keep the copy pool onsite.  What are
> you trying to save on?
>
> Regards
>
> Steve.
>

> On 10/02/2011 6:10 PM, Paul_Dudley wrote:
> > Our primary tape backup pool is set to keep 5 versions of each file. Each
> > morning
> the overnight incremental backups into this storage pool are copied into the
> copypool and then these tapes are sent offsite. Is there anyway to setup the
> copypool so that it only has the last 2 versions of each file instead of 5
> versions?
> >

> > Thanks&  Regards
> >
> > Paul

ANL DISCLAIMER

This e-mail and any file attached is confidential, and intended solely to the
named addressees. Any unauthorised dissemination or use is strictly prohibited.
If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
return e-mail from your system. Please do not copy, use or make reference to it
for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any person.