ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] DB backup on 6.2.2 server - Error in vendor support code at line: 377 rc: 610

2011-02-10 13:15:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] DB backup on 6.2.2 server - Error in vendor support code at line: 377 rc: 610
From: Anders Räntilä <Anders AT RANTILA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 19:14:07 +0100
Hi

Perhaps this can help:

Anders Räntilä

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
RÄNKAB - Räntilä Konsult AB
Klippingvägen 23
SE-196 32 Kungsängen
Sweden

Email: Anders AT Rantila DOT com
Phone: +46 701 489 431
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU
Sent: den 10 februari 2011 18:22
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: [ADSM-L] DB backup on 6.2.2 server - Error in vendor support code at
line: 377 rc: 610

More fun adventures with DB2....

Trying to run the first DB backup on a new 6.2.2.0 server that has been running
fine, so far.  This is an offsite psuedo-DR server that stores DBSNAPSHOT
backups from our other production servers.

Considering it only holds 20-objects, I wasn't in any hurry to perform DB
backups.  Now, I got some strange message about the DB being >80% full (not
sure why since the filespace for the DB has over 90GB free and the DB is only
using 90GB) and I realized I needed to run DB backups to clear the logs and
such.

No matter what I try, I get:

2/10/2011 11:54:22 AM ANR2968E Database backup terminated. DB2 sqlcode:
-2033. DB2 sqlerrmc: 610       .

Looking through /home/tsminst1/sqllib/db2dump/db2diag.log, I see all kinds of
interesting messages:

Error in vendor support code at line: 377 rc: 610       (I thought this
was interesting considering IBM IS the vendor in both cases)

 Media controller -- Generic error  (not much help here - I tried the backup to
both a local SAN FILEDEVCLASS and to another TSM server)

SQL2033N  An error occurred while accessing TSM during the processing of a
database utility.  TSM reason code: "".  (when, I guess it got the "610"
reason code from the "vendor error" message)

Your thoughts, suggestions?

The only discussion I found via Google that was close was from Andy and a
Windows server config issue but it didn't seem to relate (these are Linux
servers)
Zoltan Forray
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University
UCC/Office of Technology Services
zforray AT vcu DOT edu - 804-828-4807
Don't be a phishing victim - VCU and other reputable organizations will never
use email to request that you reply with your password, social security number
or confidential personal information. For more details visit
http://infosecurity.vcu.edu/phishing.html