ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Snapdiff backup of vfilers

2011-02-08 18:17:57
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Snapdiff backup of vfilers
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 18:16:35 -0500
Thanks Shawn.  Your observations confirm other support information I was told.
It's really unfortunate that this is not supported.  We are strongly
considering getting an N Series gateway and I was hoping to be able to do this,
but the folks who would be using it are insisting that they need Multistore and
would thus be using mostly vFilers.  So I guess it's back to NDMP or backing up
the slow way via TSM incrementals from a NAS client.  We're doing Backup
Stgpools to an offsite tape library and I'm concerned what the periodic Full
NDMP backups will do to that network link.

..Paul