ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Snapdiff backups of filers - Getting errors

2011-02-07 11:23:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Snapdiff backups of filers - Getting errors
From: Steven Langdale <steven.langdale AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 16:19:27 +0000
On , Thomas Kula <tkula AT umich DOT edu> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 09:24:30AM +0000, Steven Langdale wrote:

> Hello Harmeet

> Thanks for the prompt response.

> I tried that on a test volume with odd chars in the filenames - and it

> works!

> I changed from "en" to "en.UTF-8". Oddly enough though the bit after
the .

> is supposed to refer to NFS.

We're looking to do this here to get snapdiff backups working. For

anyone that's made this change:

- Did you actually have to restart the filer after changing the volume

language?

- Did the change seem be visible to users at all?

Our primary concern is if we change the language on our volumes and

then someone comes back and complains that their filenames are all

garbled up now. Hearing from folks who have made this change for

this would be useful.

Hello, I've not tried it on a volume with user data on it yet - but all the
warnings you get talk about NFS - which we don't use.

Although it says do a reboot and a halt for a wafl check, it appears to
apply OK without one.

I have a call in with IBM on this (from an N series point of view) before I
apply it to any user data areas. Will let you know the outcome.

When snapdiff is working its DAMN fast!

Steven