ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Snapdiff backups of filers - Getting errors

2011-02-07 10:24:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Snapdiff backups of filers - Getting errors
From: Thomas Kula <tkula AT UMICH DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 10:22:24 -0500
On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 09:24:30AM +0000, Steven Langdale wrote:
> Hello Harmeet
>
> Thanks for the prompt response.
>
> I tried that on a test volume with odd chars in the filenames - and it
> works!
>
> I changed from "en" to "en.UTF-8".  Oddly enough though the bit after the .
> is supposed to refer to NFS.

We're looking to do this here to get snapdiff backups working. For
anyone that's made this change:

- Did you actually have to restart the filer after changing the volume
  language?
- Did the change seem be visible to users at all?

Our primary concern is if we change the language on our volumes and
then someone comes back and complains that their filenames are all
garbled up now. Hearing from folks who have made this change for
this would be useful.

--
Thomas L. Kula | tkula AT umich DOT edu | 734.764.6531
Information and Technology Services