ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Reduce DB in 6.2.2.2

2011-02-04 13:56:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Reduce DB in 6.2.2.2
From: Amos ADSM <amos.adsm AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 20:55:23 +0200
Same as Extend DBSPACE ( Which i tried and workd) to reduce it a procedure like in the Info Center

 Reducing the size of the database

If a significant amount of data has been deleted from the database, consider reducing the database size.

  1. Create a file containing a list of directories that represent the
     new directories. For example, dbdirs.txt.
  2. Run a full database backup. For example:

     backup db devclass=tapeclass type=full

  3. Halt the server.
  4. Remove the database instance.

     dsmserv removedb TSMDB1

  5. Restore the database specifying the file containing the
     directories to be used. For example:

     dsmserv restore db todate=today on=dbdirs.txt

  6. Restart the server.