ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] copypool-only TSM server on a VM

2011-02-02 16:39:17
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] copypool-only TSM server on a VM
From: Keith Arbogast <warbogas AT INDIANA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 16:37:21 -0500
Andy,
I omitted from my original problem statement that the TSM servers on virtual
machines would have primary pools on disk, just no primary pools on tape.
Client backups would be written to the disk pools, then copied to the two copy
pools.

The total backup workload would not be reduced, but it could be divided among
multiple TSM servers built on relatively inexpensive virtual machines. We
already have a moderately large virtualization infrastructure.

Thank you for the additional thoughts you offered for consideration. If there
is going to be a major inefficiency or other problem introduced by implementing
this design it would be wonderful to see it ahead of time.

Thank you,
Keith