ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Help with library definition and path for a scsi library: ANR8957E

2011-01-31 13:56:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Help with library definition and path for a scsi library: ANR8957E
From: BEYERS Kurt <Kurt.BEYERS AT VRT DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 18:55:38 +0000
Hi Joni,

I was struggling with the same error message after upgrading our Quantum i2k
tape libraries to i6k and opened a PMR at IBM. After some investigation it
turned out to be a bug, the APAR IC73776 is opened for it but not yet solved.

The easy workaround is just to NOT specify the serial number in the 'define
library' command, the serial number will be picked automatically by TSM. You
can verify this afterwards with the command 'show library LIDZR8V'.

best regards,
Kurt