ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Anybody not happy with TSM V6?

2011-01-21 09:31:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Anybody not happy with TSM V6?
From: Hans Christian Riksheim <bullhcr AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:30:50 +0100
 We are mostly happy with our upgrade to 6.2.2 on AIX, but keep in mind that
6.2.2 likes to have a lot of CPU so maybe an upgrade to Power7 should be
considered.

Expiration is normally run much quicker in v6 but it varies a lot.
Esepcially after a TSM restart it seems to be slow like DB2 has to warm up
or something and backups have a tendency to hang during the first 24 hours
of operation. I have no explanation for this.

Hans Chr,