ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] WinPE File Level restore

2011-01-17 15:41:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] WinPE File Level restore
From: "Huebner,Andy,FORT WORTH,IT" <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 14:39:56 -0600
This is a test build so we installed the same level agent on the victim server
as we used with WinPE.  We used 5.5.2.1 because the doc we had said to use
5.5.x.
We will test the backup today to make sure it is good.
We are PIXI booting the server to WinPE then running TSM from a mapped drive.
The idea is to recover a system without touching it and to do it faster than
installing the OS first.  Since we have $Zero for this we have to do it with
tools we have.

Andy Huebner