ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 6.2/DB2 question

2011-01-06 15:14:53
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2/DB2 question
From: "Pagnotta, Pam" <Pam.Pagnotta AT HQ.DOE DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 15:13:02 -0500
Hello,

We have been using TSM Version 6+ on an AIX P6 server in production for about a
year now. I have had an open PMR with Level 2 Support since the end of May 2010
because my database just continues to grow and grow, even on the days when
there are more files expired than are taken in. One of my concerns is that the
automatic reorganizations that are supposed to be happening, aren't. I have
been instructed to do the following command

$ db2pd -reorgs -db tsmdb1

Database Partition 0 -- Database TSMDB1 -- Active -- Up 1 days 04:48:29 -- Date
01/06/2011 14:19:17

Table Reorg Information:
Address TbspaceID TableID PartID MasterTbs MasterTab TableName Type     IndexID
TempSpaceID

Table Reorg Stats:
Address TableName Start End PhaseStart MaxPhase Phase CurCount MaxCount Status
Completion
$

As you can see, all I get are the headers, no output. I also get no output in
the Last Database Reorganization: field of a Q DB F=D command, and I can find
no positive indication of any automatic reorganization going on in the
db2diag.log.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?  Is there anywhere else I should be
able to look to determine whether the automatic reorganizations are actually
happening? The only answer I get back from the TSM developers is to use the
DB2PD command and it does not seem to matter how many times I tell them it is
not returning data.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have been a TSM Admin for over
10 years, but all of my DB2 experience has come since installing TSM Version
6.1, despite being told repeatedly at Pulse, when V6 was announced, that I
would not need to be a DB2 admin to administer TSM.

Thank you,
Pam

Pam Pagnotta
EES, LLC,