ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 + ODBC + MS Access = problems ...

2011-01-05 10:53:34
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2 + ODBC + MS Access = problems ...
From: PAC Brion Arnaud <Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 16:52:31 +0100
Hi list,

Some weird problem here, while trying to build a basic Access-based TSM
reporting tool :
I managed to get an ODBC connection to my TSM server, and to get the DB2 tables
linked into Access.
I'm however totally unable to read the "filespace_name" field in any table
where it should be appearing (occupancy, filespaces), as it is reported wether
as  "OLE object" or "long binary data".
Anyone having an idea on how I could read that data ?

TIA for any information !

Cheers.

Arnaud

Corporate IT Systems & Datacenter Responsible
Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland,
CIT Department Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
Phone: +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com