ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM DB2 : HADR

2010-12-29 06:06:35
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM DB2 : HADR
From: Gibin <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 06:05:18 -0500
I was able to setup HADR between two TSM servers .TSM server AA ( win 2003 ,tsm
v6.2.2,PRIMARY) and TSM server BB (win 2008,tsm v6.2.2,STANDBY).

There are running in nearsync mode and  everything seems fine. But i am  still
confused about the TSM volhist.dat  file .

On checking the volhist.dat file on server AA ,it is the most updated and has
all the entries of DB backups etc.But the TSM server BB volhist file is not
updated as in server AA. :?

As per the HADR setup proces , i took offline backup of server AA and then
restored it on server BB using the restore command with the REPLACE history
file option . I then started server BB as standby and server AA as primary with
nearsync mode .

While checking the volhist file entries and file modified time on both servers,
they are different.

Not sure why the volhist.dat is not updated on both the primary and standby
servers.