ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM server network problem

2010-12-29 05:09:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM server network problem
From: Steven Langdale <Steven.Langdale AT CAT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 10:09:08 +0000
Hmm, odd indeed...
I don't suppose you were able to test by detaching a different NIC?  To
see if it's the number of nics thats the issue (notwithstanding it's a
different number on each host?

"Tuncel.Mutlu AT akbank DOT com" <Tuncel.Mutlu AT AKBANK DOT COM>
29/12/2010 08:37
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] TSM server network problem

Caterpillar: Confidential Green Retain Until: 28/01/2011

Yes, we cannot connect to TSM server 1500 port interface (for all IPs), we
can access for example the Web interface (port 1580). And we DOWN or
DETACH the last NIC, we can connect to TSM port 1500.

We didn't had the time to do longer tests, because as we discovered the
problem, we thought what was the last change on the servers, and it was
the NIC addition and we disable it ... and it worked on both servers. We
asked the network and UNIX admins to check the systems, an they give us
the OK, so we did one more test on the less important server and it did it
again (but this time it took 30 min).

I know, it sounds weird, and ... yes it is.

Thanks,

Tuncel Mutlu