ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange 2010 Backup error: WinRM

2010-12-18 06:35:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange 2010 Backup error: WinRM
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 06:34:00 -0500
This indicates that you cannot execute Exchange powershell
cmdlets. DP/Exchange uses powershell cmdlets to
contact the Exchange Server to get information about
databases and their status. I suspect that you will
receive the same error message if you try to run the
Exchange Management Shell (EMS). This indicates
a general Exchange configuration error, not a
DP/Exchange configuration error. Microsoft wrote
some hints and tips on how to resolve this.

Check here:

        http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2010/02/04/453946.aspx

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 12/17/2010
09:50:04 AM:

>> From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
>> To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
>> Date: 12/17/2010 09:52 AM
>> Subject: Exchange 2010 Backup error:  WinRM
>> Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated as I can't get the backups to run and out
>> Exchange guy is out.
>>
>> Backups worked yesterday and today are failing with a very cryptic
message:

>> C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange>tdpexcc backup * full
>> /backupdestination=tsm /backupmethod=vss
>>
>> IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Mail:
>> Data Protection for Microsoft Exchange Server
>> Version 6, Release 1, Level 2.01
>> (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1998, 2010. All rights reserved.
>>

>> Updating mailbox history on TSM Server...
>> Mailbox history has been updated successfully.
>>
>> Querying Exchange Server to gather component information, please
wait...

>> ACN5350E An unknown Exchange API error has occurred.
>>

>> Nothing is in the Event log, TDPEXC.LOG about what the api error is.
Doing a
>> QUERY EXCHANGE gives a little more information, but still nothing in
any
>> event log to indicate what exactly the problem is
>>

>> C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange>tdpexcc query exchange
>>
>> IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Mail:
>> Data Protection for Microsoft Exchange Server
>> Version 6, Release 1, Level 2.01
>> (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1998, 2010. All rights reserved.
>>
>> Querying Exchange Server to gather component information, please
wait...

>> Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message :
The