ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Warning: TSM 6.2.2 server with 5.5.2 Admin client

2010-11-29 08:20:20
Subject: [ADSM-L] Warning: TSM 6.2.2 server with 5.5.2 Admin client
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:19:30 -0500
Last Tuesday, I upgraded a test AIX TSM server from TSM 6.2.1.0 to TSM
6.2.2.0. After the upgrade ran to completion, I immediately begin
receiving "ANS0101E Unable to open English message repository
'dsmclientV3.cat'." from dsmadmc.  I recognized this as the missing
dsmclientV3.cat problem that has been discussed before on the list so I
went looking.  On a functioning system, I found it at
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/lang/en_US but on the test system I discovered I
no longer had a /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/lang/en_US directory but instead
had a /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/lang/EN_US directory that did NOT have
dsmclientV3.cat in it.  So I created /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/lang/en_US
on my test system, copied the contents from my working system, and
created the soft link in the /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin directory to
point to the lang directory,  ln -s /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/lang/en_US
en_US.  At this point, dsmadmc was functional again.

So if you're upgrading from TSM v6.2.1 to 6.2.2 on an AIX box with the
TSM v5 admin client, be prepared.

David