ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] select statement to display readonly and filling tapes

2010-11-15 10:53:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] select statement to display readonly and filling tapes
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 10:52:40 -0500
-----Timothy Hughes wrote: -----

>I tried that command failed, and also I want to select the
>"readonly"
>tapes that say "filling" also.  So I replaced the "or" with "and".
>this
>command failed also
>
>tsm: >select VOLUME_NAME,ACCESS from volumes where access='READONLY'
>or
>status='FILLING'
>
>ANR0162W Supplemental database diagnostic information:
>-1:42601:-104
>([IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/AIX64] SQL0104N  An unexpected token
>"END-OF-STATEMENT"
>was found following "cess = 'READONLY' or".  Expected tokens may
>include:
>"<boolean_term>".  SQLSTATE=42601
>).
>ANR0516E SQL processing for statement select VOLUME_NAME , ACCESS
>from
>volumes
>where access = 'READONLY' or  failed.
>ANS8001I Return code 3.
>
>tsm: status='FILLING'
>ANS8001I Return code 3.

The error messages suggest that you tried to split a command into
two lines without using the appropriate continuation character
at the end of the first line (a hyphen for a TSM macro or an
interactive dsmadmc session, a backslash for the more commonly
used Unix shells, or a caret for the Windows command line
environment).