ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Report Writing Tools, or Business Intelligence, and the TSMer

2010-11-12 02:03:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Report Writing Tools, or Business Intelligence, and the TSMer
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 01:02:10 -0600
Hi Nick!

I've been using SPSS for this purpose for some time, and now it's also
been acquired by IBM. The base program is now called "IBM SPSS
Statistics 19", and traces its lineage back to 1968. The report-writing
facilities are quite easy to use, for either production or ad-hoc
reports. Having all that statistical depth available is a bonus that
I've actually used occasionally.

There are a number of books about data analysis ("business
intelligence") with SPSS from many authors. These can often be found in
the textbook section of a college bookstore.

SPSS' main competitor SAS would also work well for this. Both programs
sit in a market niche where they fit this problem well, and they're much
easier to use than the other solutions for this.