ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SQL mgmtclass rules

2010-11-09 14:01:47
Subject: [ADSM-L] SQL mgmtclass rules
From: "Schaub, Steve" <steve_schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 14:01:03 -0500
Tsm server 5.4.3.2
Tsm client 5.5.1.0
Tdp client 5.5.3.0

My mgmt classes for SQL tdp backups are:
Verexist=nolimit
Verdelete=nolimit
Retextra=30
Retonly=90

I had thought that these settings would roll off any and all database backups
more than 90 days old, specifically when the dba's remove a data base.
However, it looks to me like I have a bunch of old backups hanging around
forever, so maybe I misunderstood how to accomplish that.

Can someone confirm whether this is the case, and if I have it wrong, what
should the settings be so deleted databases will eventually roll off, and if I
make the change, will the current moldy backups disappear?

Thanks,
-Steve Schaub
Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm