ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Restore TSM server to Win 2008

2010-11-04 00:46:52
Subject: [ADSM-L] Restore TSM server to Win 2008
From: Gibin <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 00:46:19 -0400
I want to keep my current TSM server   AA setup  ( TSM v6.2.1 , win2003 ) and
create a new TSM server BB setup wih diff hardware ( TSM v6.2.1 ,Win2008) using
my existing  TSM server AA  DB backup ..

Had some queries as to :

* In the new TSM server BB i am building  ,should i keep any similar settings
like the old TSM server  like hostname ,IP addr , no of storage pool vols ,
activ /archiv log size ..?? anything at all ?

I am planning to perform these steps :

* install OS Win 2008 R2 ( new hostname & ip addr)
*install TSM  v6.2.1
*create new TSM server instance ,DB ,Activ /Archiv log
* define library &  driv paths  and checkin needed tapes   ( so as to recreate
devconfig.dat with new hostname ,library & drive paths )
*replace volhist.dat from the old TSm server AA
* dsmserv restore db
* disable TSM GUID check
* perform TSM DB backup

Am i missing any steps?  Has anyone worked on a similar scenario like this .
 [Wink]

Gibin George