ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Strange Behaviour: backup STG <primary storage pool >

2010-11-02 04:21:14
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Strange Behaviour: backup STG <primary storage pool >
From: "Lakshminarayanan, Rajesh" <Rajesh.Lakshminarayanan AT DFS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 16:19:45 +0800
Hi,

     Your theory seems to be correct.  I just queried my activity log to
check how my admin schedule to copy the primary stg to copy pool is
working.  It indeed submits three separate processes and works in
parallel.

     One of my client node pushed 300Gb of data to primary pool and when
I ran backup stg, I saw this behavior.

      Is their a work around to copy single node data to tape pool in
parallel because I see my resource(tape) not getting fully utilized,
other than changing the primary pool to file dev class.

Regards,

Rajesh