ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Restore TSM server to Win 2008

2010-11-01 10:45:51
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Restore TSM server to Win 2008
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 10:44:31 -0400
Ran in to this on a brand new 6.1.2 install and it doesn't have to do with
the GUID on the restore. When the TSM server gets the session request for
the $$_TSMDBMGR_$$ it checks to make sure that the request is coming from
the same computer running the TSM server. It checks the IP address( both V4
and V6) and the GUID of the session requestor against the GUID of the
running TSM system. If they don't match...you get this error. I spent 3-days
with support running traces to track this down.

I've done multiple restores of TSM V6 systems for disaster recovery testing
and for moving to other systems without having to disable this for the DB
restore.

Bill Boyer