ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Using different filespace name

2010-10-28 08:13:33
Subject: [ADSM-L] Using different filespace name
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 12:12:45 +0000
Hi everyone,
Does anyone see the same situation where system state data will not be deleted
after upgrade?

We are at the moment upgrading all our Wintel clients from 5.x to 6.x.
Now when we are finish with most of all our clients have I found multiple
filespaces that hasn't been updated since the TSM Client upgrade.

On every client that is a Windows Server 2003 and have been running 5.x client
have 2 old filespaces called SYSTEM STATE and SYSTEM SERVICES.
And now with the new 6.x client have IBM change the name on the filespace for
System State and call it instead

SERVERNAME\SystemState\NULL\SystemState\SystemState

Does that mean now we have SYSTEM STATE data that never will be deleted from
our TSM Servers until we manually will delete the data?

select nodes.NODE_NAME, fs.FILESPACE_ID,
fs.FILESPACE_NAME,date(fs.BACKUP_START) as Date_Start, date(fs.BACKUP_END) as
Date_End from filespaces as fs,nodes where nodes.PLATFORM_NAME='WinNT' and
fs.NODE_NAME=nodes.NODE_NAME order by DATE_START

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
Skype: cristie.christian.svensson
Supported Platform for CPU2TSM::
http://www.cristie.se/cpu2tsm-supported-platforms