ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Need to perform simple restoration test from offsite tape

2010-10-27 11:47:58
Subject: [ADSM-L] Need to perform simple restoration test from offsite tape
From: cc1702004 <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 11:46:01 -0400
hi

thanks everyone. I have another question. For offsite, the previous TSM backup
administrator wrote some scripts using "Move DRM" to change tape state from
onsite to offsite and vice versa. When doing this test restoration, I don't
have to change the offsite tape to onsite status right using this Move DRM
command? I assume I just check in the offsite tape and update it to readonly
should be sufficient right?

I'll try out the below

1) Check offsite tape into library.
checkin libvol 3584lib search=bulk checkl=bar status=private

2) update the mounted offsite tape to readonly
update vol off002l4 wherestgpool=tapoffsite whereaccess=offsite access=readonly

3) update onsite tapes (currently there are only two onsite tapes) to
unavailable
update vol ons001l4 wherestgpool=taptape access=unavailable
update vol ons002l4 wherestgpool=taptape access=unavailable

4) Restore data.

5) After restoration of data, update the onsite tape to readwrite and update
the offsite tape to offsite again
update vol ons001l4 wherestgpool=taptape whereaccess=unavailable
access=readwrite
update vol ons002l4 wherestgpool=taptape whereaccess=unavailable
access=readwrite

update vol off002l4 wherestgpool=tapoffsite whereaccess=readonly access=offsite