ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM V6 server DB2 restarts under Solaris

2010-10-17 17:42:59
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM V6 server DB2 restarts under Solaris
From: Steve Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 17:42:41 -0400
Hi all

I'm running a test V6.2 TSM Server under Solaris 10 in a zone on an X86_64
Sun box, and using the Solaris SVC facility to start both DB2 and TSM.

If I bounce the TSM server, say to change a server option, DB2 goes down
too.  SVC sees this and tries to restart both.  For some reason at this
point DB2 hangs up.  It will not restart because it is not properly shut
down.  SVC repeatedly tries to restart and gets immediate failures, this
causes the DB2 service to be marked as "maintenance"

In order to fix I have to run the db2 ipclear script to clean up all the
shared memory and then svcadm to clear the maintenance flag before restart.

Has anyone else seen this issue, and how did you address it?

Regards

Steve.

Steven Harris
TSM Admin