ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 6.2.1 software dedupe ratio of VCB proxy

2010-10-15 04:09:23
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.2.1 software dedupe ratio of VCB proxy
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT ITAA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 10:08:25 +0200
Hi,

We are seeing some very good results using clientside dedupe on a VMware VCB
proxy, we are seeing a 87% data not stored ratio on the FILEPOOL.
This ratio is maintained even now after several months of intense use.
I think this is pretty incredable, customer is happy, we are happy!

TSM client side dedupe is really amazing in it's simplicity to setup and it
just works.

Thanks TSM developers, if all the little installation issues are fixed in 6.2.2
release and we get VMware image backup's via the storage API you may go on a
long vacation..the product is done! :-p