ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Silent installation script

2010-10-05 09:54:56
Subject: [ADSM-L] Silent installation script
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 13:51:51 +0000
Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to do my own TSM Client Deploy package to be able to upgrade all my
TSM clients from a TSM Server 5.4.
My script works fine and I'm able to do a successful upgrade any TSM BA Client
from 5.x/6.x to 6.2.1.3.

The only problem I have, are that my ERRORLEVEL check if the upgrade went
successful can't verify that MSIEXEC run correct, that is because MSIEXEC seams
to execute correctly but jump back direct to a new command prompt.
And in the background are MSIEXEC running as a seperate process without my
knowledge

The command I'm running are following.

C:\tsm_images\TSMx86>msiexec /qn /i "IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Client.msi"
RebootYesNo="No" REBOOT="Suppress" ALLUSERS=1
ADDLOCAL="BackupArchiveGUI,BackupArchiveWeb,ApiRuntime" TRANSFORMS=1033.mst

My question are, does anyone know if it possible to insert a switch call /wait
or something similar to make sure I can pull out the ERRORLEVEL code of the
installation?

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
Skype: cristie.christian.svensson
Supported Platform for CPU2TSM::
http://www.cristie.se/cpu2tsm-supported-platforms