ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] backleveling: v5.5.4.0 -> v5.5.2.1 ??

2010-10-04 08:44:38
Subject: [ADSM-L] backleveling: v5.5.4.0 -> v5.5.2.1 ??
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 08:43:40 -0400
A couple weeks ago we upgraded our TSM library manager instances (two of
them)
from v5.5.2.1 to  v5.5.4.   Since then we have been getting SCSI
RESERVATION
problems (3592 in 3584, san attached with multiple tsm instances and
storage
agents). It's to the place we have to stop/start the library managers
at least once per day to keep things working.  IBM support so far hasn't
been very helpfull.

So, I'm wondering if we can backout this upgrade.  It's been far too long
to do a db restore back to the old version.

Is it possible to downgrade/backout v5.5.4 down to v5.5.2.1 by installing
the old binaries?   I guess it depends upon what db changes were made
during the upgrade.

Rick

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.