ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How to monitor Archive Log space in TSM V6?

2010-10-01 16:44:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How to monitor Archive Log space in TSM V6?
From: "J. Pohlmann" <jpohlmann AT SHAW DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 13:42:43 -0700
TSM will monitor the usage of the archive log file system (please make sure
it's a file system/Windows drive, not just a directory in some file system). If
you find that there are frequent database backups triggered, you might want to
make the file system/Windows drive bigger. There is an undocumented dsmserv.opt
option, ARCHLOGUSEDTHRESHOLD xx where xx is the percentage fullness of the file
system that you are using for the archive log file system to trigger a database
backup. If you have a large file system, say 500GB or 500GB, and you find that
there is a lot of empty space in it, you might want to set xx fairly high, for
example ARCHLOGUSEDTHRESHOLD 90. I don't know if this option will be documented
or if it will persist over TSM releases. Other options have become invalid, for
example the DISKSTGPOOLMemsize option is no longer valid even though it is
still documented in the 6.2 Admin Ref book.

Joerg Pohlmann
250-585-3711