ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Opinion on disk layout for db, log & storagepools

2010-09-27 19:58:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Opinion on disk layout for db, log & storagepools
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 16:56:39 -0700
Do you know what your workload is going to be? For database sizing, you
need to know how many files total you will retain. For storage pool
sizing, you need to know your average and peak daily backup rates in
bytes. For recovery log sizing, you need to know how many files you will
backup in a single backup session.

-- Foege Building S048, (206)-685-7354