ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Best way to restore old Exchange data from previous Exchange versions..

2010-09-23 09:46:21
Subject: [ADSM-L] Best way to restore old Exchange data from previous Exchange versions..
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT ITAA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 15:45:07 +0200
Say a site has been using exchange since version 5.5, upgraded to 2003,
switched to 2007 and are now running 2010.
They made Exchange monthy backups using the TDP, all old data is still there in
TSM.
What is there any way to extract 5.5 data without building a 5.5 Exchange
server?

Tools such as Ontrack PowerControls can extract the data from the EDB files but
how will you create these without Exchange?
I was just wondering, hoping that I might be missing some easy way to do this
fast and easy..but I am affraid..very affraid. :-)

With kind regards,

 Stefan